Make a Donation
Your campaign donation is crucial to ensuring our success in the next election. All donations we receive are from individuals like you. At the federal level, Canada’s strong political donation rules ban corporations or unions from donating.
There are two ways to donate:
Join our Victory Fund: This is a small, hassle-free monthly donation that directly supports Burnaby North-Seymour, but also provides at least $5 to the National Liberal Party. (Since grassroots fundraising is what will make a difference right here in Burnaby North-Seymour, we’d suggest giving $5 to the national party and the balance of your monthly contribution to Burnaby North-Seymour)
Make a One-Time Donation: This is a one time donation where 100% of the funds go directly to Burnaby North-Seymour.
If you have any questions, or prefer to donate over email, or the phone, contact us at:
Both donation types come with generous tax advantages which allow you to get up to 75% of your donation back at the end of the year.
As you can see in the chart below, if you make a donation of $400, you would receive a $300 tax credit, meaning that your $400 donation will only cost $100! If you have any questions, please send us an email or give us a call.
Information on contribution
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between 0 and $400: give you a 75% refund;
- Donations between $400 and $750: give you $300 plus 50% of any amount over $400;
- Donations over $750: give you $475 plus 33% of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year.
LIMITS ON CONTRIBUTIONS
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,550 in any calendar year to each registered political party;
- No more than $1,550 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns);
- No more than $1,550 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a particular leadership contest.
Please note that the maximum available tax credit for federal political contributions is capped at $650 for both donations to political parties or candidates. For more information on tax credits and political financing, please visit Elections Canada.